Tonsillitis and Cocaine |

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Ah I see, silence. Well have you ever taken aspirin or antibiotics Stew? It is a simiar concept. I was prescribed a drug to sort out a condition I had, not to get high, not as some sort of escapism. If I'd had side effects, I'd have stopped. I had none whatsoever, just the therapeutic effects. I was under doctors advice, and I had close family around. I am not buying something highly addictive "unknown white powder" off some random bloke. To form an analogy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
    Legitimise it all you want but it's still tinkering with brain chemistry for pleasure purposes.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Pleasure purposes? To restore a normal neurochemical balance Stew.

Besides, how is your extreme alcoholism coming along? Still pissed every night?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Pleasure purposes? To restore a normal neurochemical balance Stew.

Besides, how is your extreme alcoholism coming along? Still pissed every night?
        "Normal neurochemical balance" is what one has without mind-altering substances.

And at your second comment - working 24 hours in 36 kind of precludes it
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I don't think that people who take mind-altering drugs given to them by a doctor should take a moral high ground over those who take mind-altering drugs for recreational purposes.

Yes, one is more risky than the other, but prescribed drugs can be very harmful too. I've seen people get in a state from both sorts.

Playing sport, or walking in the mountains can be dangerous too. Do people who have accidents here deserve all they get?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Mescaline is not PCP, no matter what any street corner pusher tells you.
            Dude, I made my own Mescaline. I think I know what its made of.

Les échantillons vendus comme de la mescaline contiennent très souvent du PCP
            Means: Samples sold as mescaline contains more often than not PCP.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
              I don't think that people who take mind-altering drugs given to them by a doctor should take a moral high ground over those who take mind-altering drugs for recreational purposes.

Yes, one is more risky than the other, but prescribed drugs can be very harmful too. I've seen people get in a state from both sorts.
              You have to remember that PH works for a company that makes billions from selling risky drugs to make people's neurochemical imbalances "better"... at least, according to Panorama

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie

You have to remember that PH works for a company that makes billions from selling risky drugs to make people's neurochemical imbalances "better"... at least, according to Panorama
                Starting to make sense now - Big Pharma
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The only problem with pharmacutical companies is they produce products for easily manipulated animals: humans. It's not like they are forcing people to take drugs, but some people just dont realize that a pill might not be a cure all, or the right first step towards feeling better (in all ways, mental physically, emotionally, etc etc.)
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I think the medical sector has to take a large amount of responsibility for dishing out these drugs and not monitoring people who are on them closely...that is where these problems arise. It is highly likely that people can react badly to antidepressants...hence my comment about monitoring. However self medicating with some sh*t cut with chalk or whatever...well if you want to deal in that sh*t, more fool you. I happen to have a degree in biochemistry from one of the best universities in the world, and I have understanding of the mode of action of the drug and what it is capable of, and I am not doing it for sh*ts and giggles neither.

If you want to justify your intake of these substances with absolutely no guarantee of quality or safety, then more fool you!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Didn't you flunk your degree though.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Why don't you just take a hike, cretin?
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Why don't you just take a hike, cretin?
                          That touched a nerve

How is Desmond treating you anyway?
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Who do you think you are talking to, you sad little loser. I've still not been able to figure out what your problem is, why you keep following me around like a bad odour. I've told you before, and I've told you again, stop trying to be buddy with me, because you're an arsehole
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Ph, take a hit off the bong and relax

Antidepressants? A well understood and safe drug as opposed to this ****. There's a reason it isn't legal, you know?
                              People have been using cocaine alot longer than modern anti-depressants so I'd say you have that backwards. And when something is illegal quality control declines, so how would you like to be buying your anti depressants on the black market? If drugs become less safe when they're banned, what do the prohibitionists "deserve" for stealing our freedom and making us less safe?

And cocaine in dentistry? They haven't used that for a very, very long time...
                              Thanks, but I did say it was commonly used, not that is commonly used today. And it wasn't that long ago, I remember pharmaceutical cocaine (the kind used by dental surgeons) from the 60s and 70s. And cocaine is still legal under medical supervision last I heard.

I was prescribed a drug to sort out a condition I had, not to get high, not as some sort of escapism.
                              Stop with the doublespeak, you were escaping a condition. You just think thats okay because a doctor gave you the drug and you didn't get high. So where is this "sin"? Escaping from a condition? Not getting permission from politicians? Or enjoying the experience? Yesterday I "escaped" from a condition for several hours and watched the Colts win the Super Bowl.

Yeah, well if you choose to play Russian Roulette in that manner...who am I to judge. If I'm a w*nker, you're a f*ckwit!
                              Thats quite an analogy, I'm sure it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say cocaine has been used a billion times with very few cases of death from physical reaction or mental incompacitation. Do you think you are playing russian roulette everytime you drive a car?

I think the medical sector has to take a large amount of responsibility for dishing out these drugs and not monitoring people who are on them closely...
                              Their responsibility is to advise, thats why I pay a doctor. You've misplaced the moral authority for making these decisions with politicians.

If you want to justify your intake of these substances with absolutely no guarantee of quality or safety, then more fool you!
                              Did you help make them less safe?

Comment

Working...
                              X